Experience you need. Results you want.
Looking for a Drug Lawyer Near Indianapolis, IN?
Are you facing drug charges in Indianapolis, IN? Drug charges cover a wide range of potential crimes, including possession, distribution, and possession of drug paraphernalia. This means you could end up facing many different potential consequences. Because of this, it’s important to find a qualified drug attorney to provide assistance. If you’re searching for drug possession lawyers in central Indiana, then consider contacting the Law Office of Terrence P. Kirby. Attorney tTerrence is a drug trafficking and possession lawyer who can help provide assistance for your case. Please consider giving him a call today in order to receive your free consultation.
Always a FREE CONSULTATION
Your Search for Drug Possession Lawyers is Over
In Indiana, drugs are sorted into several different schedules. These schedules are as follows:
- Schedule 1: This schedule is for drugs that, as of this moment, have no known medical use and that are highly likely to be abused. This includes things such as heroin, LSD, and ecstasy. Because this schedule of drugs tends to lead to the most serious charges, it’s important to find drug possession lawyers quickly.
- Schedule 2: While these types of drugs also have a high tendency for abuse, they can be used for medical purposes, albeit under certain restrictions. These types of drugs include oxycodone, Adderall, and Ritalin.
- Schedule 3: These drugs have a moderate likelihood of abuse and have a known medical usage. Some of the drugs in this schedule include anabolic steroids and ketamine. While this schedule may net less serious consequences than the two above, it’s still important to seek a drug lawyer for assistance.
- Schedule 4: These drugs have a low potential for abuse and a known medical usage. Some examples include Xanax, Ambien, and Tramadol.
- Schedule 5: These drugs have the lowest possible chance for abuse compared to the other schedules and can be used for medical purposes. Some examples include Motofen, Lomotil, and Lyrica.
Drug charges are determined based on a number of different criteria, one of which is the schedule of the drug. The charges are also determined based on whether you had an actual controlled substance or just drug paraphernalia, if you were intending to traffic the drug, or if you were manufacturing the drug. Additionally, your charge may be enhanced under certain circumstances—for example, if you have a prior offense. Because of this, it is beneficial to find drug possession lawyers as soon as possible.
Call Today to Speak to a Drug Trafficking Lawyer
Consider calling the Law Office of Terrence Kirby if you need a drug trafficking or possession lawyer in Indianapolis, IN. Terrence has 31 years of experience helping to defend individuals facing drug charges, from possessing a controlled substance to supposed dealing. He can provide you with a number of potential defenses. For example, he may be able to argue that you were unaware the substance was on your person, or that the police performed an unlawful search and seizure. If you need a drug trafficking or possession lawyer, then call Terrence today for your free consultation.
Always a FREE CONSULTATION
Law Office of Terrence P. Kirby
Choose a Drug Attorney You Can Trust
As a lawyer handling drug cases, Attorney Kirby strives to be honest and upfront with his clients. He is able to explain things in a simple, easy-to-understand way, and will keep his clients updated throughout the process. He is able to act as a drug lawyer for any of the following counties:
- Marion County, IN
- Johnson County, IN
- Hendricks County, IN
- Hamilton County, IN
- Hancock County, IN
If you’re facing drug charges, don’t hesitate to find an attorney you can trust. Call Terrence today in order to receive your free consultation.
The information contained on this website is presented for informational and marketing purposes only and is not to be understood as legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice respecting your individual needs. Law Office of Terrence P.Kirby looks forward to speaking with you about your particular needs. Please note, however, that the mere act of contacting our firm does not create an attorney-client relationship. As a result, you should never send any confidential information to our office until a Representation Agreement has been signed by both you and Law Office of Terrence P.Kirby.